Food & Eating Out
The RiverBeds lodges with hot tubs have a wee kitchen galley with sink and a range of high-end gizzmos including microwave, yummy kettle, beautiful toaster and COSTA COFFEE pod machine. This is not a true kitchen, and guests don’t cook in the lodges (heating up pre-prepared meals is great, anything more adventurous becomes a challenge).
For breakfast, there’s a continental breakfast provided (croissants to warm in the microwave, cereal, yogurt, orange juice).
There are many great options locally for meals. Among the best:
- The Club House Cafe – just seconds away, and serving tasty fare focusing on local, Scottish ingredients. This is our own welcoming hostellerie, so of course its good! The cafe area is also your lounge to relax in and treat as home. The lounge is open early to late; food and bar service times depend on the season.
- The Loch Leven Hotel – a walk or short drive away, just across on the north shore of Loch Leven. RiverBeds guests enjoy a 5% discount on suppers (10% lunch). The Loch Leven gets great reviews, and serves exceptional bar meals (it also specialises in gins and cocktails!). To enjoy the discount, please a) pre-book and quote “Lochaber” then b) present the Loch Leven Hotel discount voucher found in your Lodge, on arrival at the bar. Tel 01855 821 236. Loch Leven Hotel
- The Ballachulish Hotel – right adjacent to the golf course, a 3 minute walk from your lodge. Bar meals and restaurant. Tel 01855 811 606. The Ballachulish Hotel
- The Laroch Bar in Ballachulish Chef Alan Donald is quickly driving a strong reputation for exceptional fare in the relaxed restaurant area of this local bar. Booking now seems essential, it’s so quickly become the place to eat. Tel 01855 811 940
- Quarrier’s Kitchen Fish & Chips Just opened in 2016, this is a new and exciting addition to village life. Right in the heart of the village. Eat in or take away. Tel 01855 811 600
- Clachaig Inn, some 5 miles away at the other side of Glencoe Village. Famous bar and strong reputation for bar meals. Tel 01855 811 252 Clachaig Inn
- Holly Tree Hotel and Restaurant This great find is just 3 miles to the west, on the Oban road at Kentallen. Warm and welcoming bar with meals, or the impressive views from the restaurant. Tel 01631 740292 Holly Tree Hotel and Swimming Pool
- Loch Leven Seafood Cafe 7 miles away on the north road to Kinlochleven. Renowned fish restaurant and considered by many visitors a “must do” stop in any visit to the area. Tel 01855 821 048 Loch Leven Seafood Cafe
- Sea Salt Cafe at The Lodge On The Loch – this hotel and restaurant lies directly opposite RiverBeds, across the loch. Worth the 3 mile trip: we really rate the good-value seafood menu, and the quiet ambience of the place. Booking recommended. Tel 01855 821 238 Sea Salt Cafe
- Onich Hotel, Restaurant and Bar – 4 miles to the north, over the bridge in Onich. 01855 821 214 Onich Hotel
Cafes that are not open in the evening, and should certainly be included in your itinerary:
- Crafts and Things, this side of Glencoe (on the main A82, right hand side passed Ballachulish)
- Glencoe Cafe (just up the road through Glencoe village, on the right)